Product Development is ongoing as our R&D works and refines chemical formulations that are just right for tackling growers’ issues, while preserving public health, and protecting our environment. New products take years of study and trials.
Steps to Register a New Product:
While each product is different, generally it takes 10 or more years from product conception to registration. The hurdles are onerous and extensive, as they should be. Powerful soil chemistry needs to help growers overcome their crop-destroying pests, while simultaneously promoting health and safety.
- Dozens of studies on the potential environmental impact, including evaluations of environmental persistence and effect on wildlife. All studies must follow specific USEPA protocol guidelines and must be conducted in a lab certified as following Good Laboratory Practices.
- Additional audited efficacy studies and actual field trials to determine best chemical formulation and rate(s).
- Full report on physical and chemical characteristics, including results from product-specific studies.
- Submit the required toxicology data package. This is a serious process, as all precautions are taken to ensure human health and safety.
- Explanation of product identity & composition.
- Complete forms, forms, and more forms. A labor-intensive, but necessary step; we overlook nothing.
- Finally, completion of the product label. Product labels are now over 20 pages long, compared to one page 20 years ago. They are comprehensive – click here to see a sample label.